Friday, 1 July 2011
Breakfast to go (How I almost choked to death on a piece of chorizo)
I normally get a coffee and a tub of Burcher Muesli with yoghurt for breakfast on the days I work in town. This morning I thought I’d live dangerously and grab a scrambled egg and chorizo muffin. I couldn’t wait to get into the office so I took my first bite while waiting at the tram stop. I inadvertently inhaled a piece of chorizo. It flew down my windpipe, causing me to cough and splutter like a lunatic. I tried to clear the chorizo by taking a sip of coffee. This did nothing to help and I continued to choke furiously, my nose and eyes streaming.
I nearly died. Almost. Well, I could have.
At the tram stop clutching a muffin and a takeaway coffee cup.
I read MI5 are recruiting at the moment. Perhaps I'll give that a miss. I don't seem to be able to do inconspicuous very well.